.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, September 17, 2010

We All Live Together and As One in A Place Called the Universe





Last night, I was sitting on my back patio and noticed in the distance a large spider creating a web between two fruit trees. I had never actually seen a spider in action. I have only seen the beautiful webs that have already been created. But I was sitting outside at the right time, at the right moment, just as the sun was setting, which illuminated the spider. It was amazing. It was quite spectacular to see the spider move from side to side spinning it's web. From the distance I could not see the actual web. Rather, I could just see the spider move in thin air. At this moment, I stopped and took in the reality that we all share this planet and the universe together. While this spider is busy spinning his web, I am sitting sharing the same air, the same environment with him. We as humans, don't really stop to think about anything outside of ourselves. We forget that we are not the only ones existing on this planet and in this universe. There are many other living things in our universe that we need to survive. The universe is a very special place. All of its living creatures are put here for a reason, for a purpose. I try to stop and notice my neighbors. Like the spider, just the other day I was parked on a quiet neighborhood street during my lunch hour and looked over at a squirrel standing on a high branch on a tree across from my car. As cars passed by, the squirrel just looked around, enjoying his tree. I had another moment, where I realized that while I am here, busy at work, there are many other living creatures at work themselves. This might sound obvious, but the universe is constantly spinning and operating all on its own 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is powerful and life-giving. We as humans, have no control over it.
 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.